Sunday, August 5, 2007

Vision (Contd...)

What is vision? Is it a description of our future? Is it our desire of a world view? What kind of mental object is vision? You see something in your mind. It feels very good to see it. It feels even good to have it in reality. So that becomes a vision. And we act upon ourselves and our surroundings to make it a reality only to feel good about it.

As I already mentioned, there are different facets to life. Each contributes on its own to make a man happy.
  • Physical: Be physically strong. It keeps a person healthy and is the foundation for other pillars of life. Should flatten my stomach completely in another 2-3 years and have a strong body frame with muscle around my bones. It serves many purposes. Once I am healthy, I can concentrate my energies on other things and get them done easily. It also gives some kind of confidence and self esteem which boosts my ego and make me feel good. Whenever there is a drive to stay away from this actions, I should remember my vision reinforce it strongly in my mind, gather energy and start doing things. For this the vision should be appealing and feeling very good.
    • The immediate goals are to make it a habit not to live without walking and Surya namaskarams in the morning except for the 10th,11th and 12th days in the fortnight. I think that is OK.
    • To gradually stop eating junk food and resort to fruits vegetables and seeds.
    • To practice some body stretching exercises while I am at my desk sitting for long long duration.
    • To use stair case no matter whatever it takes at office and at home.
  • Mental: This one is necessary and perhaps the most important one. Because this is the main driver of life. Hence it is of utmost importance to make sure that proper levels of mental health is maintained so that I don't lose control of myself. Once we lose control of ourselves, we become slaves of others, whoever that may be.
    • The immediate goals are to improve my critical thinking, creative thinking and systems thinking skills. For that there is a need to short list some reading/learning material.
    • To meditate deeply, no matter whatever are the distractions, at the time of prayer.
    • To develop emotional competence so that the mind always stays in some form of positive state so as to carry with other aspects of life painlessly.
  • Spiritual: What keeps my spirit high?
    • To have some sense of control of us and our surroundings.
    • To be very organized in life.
    • To help others as much as possible.
    • To contribute the best possible to the society.
    • To dwell in some small small things that gives us short term happiness and relief.
    • To have self discipline and to see it in action consciously.
    • To perform my duties and responsibilities without any incident.
    • To be very productive in getting things done.
  • Professional: What are professional goals? I will have to think about this one.
    • Ability to write solid code and a lot of code, quickly
    • Ability to work with solid commitment
    • Ability to think clearly
  • Social:
  • Personal:
  • Financial:
  • National: