Monday, March 17, 2008

Vision

What do you want? Happiness. What keeps you happy? What makes you happy? My vision is pursuit of happiness. Short term happiness can be had, but not at the cost of long term happiness.

  • A strong and healthy body makes me happy.
  • Myself doing some research and hence contributing to the field of knowledge makes me happy.
  • Playing a musical instrument makes me happy. Preferably saxophone or flute.
  • Being a pucca engineer makes me happy. I strongly believe that engineering gives us a lot of values, skills and attitudes that help us a lot in leading our lives properly, efficiently and happily.
  • Being a good critical thinker and be able to tackle complexity makes me happy.
  • Being frank makes me happy.
  • Being helping in nature to people makes me happy.
  • Being emotionally stable makes me happy.
  • Being fit(physically and mentally) enough to get a beautiful spouse makes me happy.
  • Listening to some good songs makes me happy.
  • Being able to make my mum happy makes me happy - to some extent.
  • Being able to concentrate for long times makes me happy.
  • Being able to read quite a few books makes me happy.
  • Not getting addicted to Internet makes me happy.
  • Being able to drive properly makes me happy.
  • Exercising an open mind makes me happy in the long term - even though it results in stress/low esteem in the very short term.
  • Getting things surrounding me organized makes me happy.
  • Having a solid plan for execution makes me happy.
  • Executing a solid plan with little deviations makes me happy - this is further testimonial for the engineering skills that gets developed in me.
  • Eating healthy food and eating in a controlled fashion makes me happy.
  • Not entertaining futile gestures and thoughts makes me happy afterwards.
  • Working hard makes me happy in the long term, but definitely makes me sad in the short/immediate term.
  • Being able to resist my temptations, through reasoning, from doing things that give short term happiness at the cost of long term happiness makes me happy.
  • Being S.active makes me happier. :)
  • Not getting afraid at the sight of new/challenging things makes me happy.
  • Being a patient listener always makes me happy.