Thursday, June 14, 2007

You do what you must

I always keep trying to be somebody else, but if I think about it deeply, I realize that it is not possible. It is not possible to be somebody else. The mind with its neural network configurations - is US. It is not somebody else. You can only simulate/emulate somebody else upto some extent - uttering their statements, making their body movements, thinking about them day long etc. Apart from such wasteful moments, one cannot really be somebody else.

Self-consciousness is something that will make you or push you into doing somethings that you are not supposed to do if you were not conscious. I think, I now kind of understand this nugget. - you do what you must. That alone will make you happy. Other things cannot make you happy. Stop being somebody else and be yourself. Stop being afraid of being yourself. Be your friend, like yourself and grow yourself. Your life will be much much stress free.